We are quiche eaters, so any time we go through a dietary shift, we have to find a way to translate quiche. Our Gluten Free Mini Quiche Recipe is Dairy Free. Mini Quiche are quick and easy and full of protein. We offer them as hor d’oeuvres when we cater. Continue reading Gluten Free Mini Quiche – Dairy Free
I am back to share with you my dairy intolerance – an after effect of Celiac’s Disease. Optimistic me thought 4 years ago when I was diagnosed that I would simply steer clear of gluten and I would heal. How naive I feel about myself. Continue reading Dairy Intolerance – an after effect of Celiac’s Disease
I found myself with the responsibility of making a gluten free poke cake for mother’s day last year. My mother is a huge fan of a poke cake. Sugar free jello and whipped cream instead of frosting make it a lower calorie choice for my calorie conscious mom. Continue reading Gluten Free Poke Cake Dessert Recipe
Gluten Free Cheesecake Recipe? Well, cheesecake was a family favorite, often served for birthdays and holidays. I’m not sure we have encountered a cheesecake we didn’t like.
Going gluten free changed that though. It took a lot of thinking to find the get around to the whole lack of decent graham crackers kind of thing. What I did find however, is that a graham cracker crust does not always need graham crackers.
Gluten Free Cheesecake Recipe
The first year we got diagnosed with Celiacs, cheesecake was not on my radar . It did however, become more important year two when the shock had worn off and we had birthdays to celebrate. My breakthrough would take a few more months after that to kick in.
It occurred to me as I was working on our holiday edition of recipes, that we had not even thought about a cheesecake. Cheesecakes are epic for Christmas Eve and/or New Years Eve in our family. So it would have to be good. I began to test cheesecakes. I found the best replacements for the graham cracker crust was our own cookies. Chocolate Chip for Regular Cheesecake, Chocolate Chocolate Chunk for Chocolate Cheesecake. Yum.
First thing you need to do for this recipe? Purchase and make one 24 cookie batch of Divinely Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies! Once that has been completed, get ready to enjoy our gluten free cheesecake recipe.
Gluten Free Cheesecake Recipe
- 8 inch pan
Gluten Free Crust
- 12 Divinely Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 tbsp butter melted,
- 1/4 cup demerara or brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
Gluten Free Filling
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup demerara sugar, ground (or white sugar)
- 1.5 tbsp Divinely Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest (zest of one lemon) optional
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
Gluten Free Cheesecake Crust
- Take 12 previously baked Divinely Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies and place in a small food processor. Process into crumbs.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, place 2 tbsp butter and melt in the microwave (approx 20-45 seconds). Remove when butter is mostly (90-95%) melted.
- Add cookie crumbs, sugar and salt to the bowl of melted butter. Combine well and press into the 8 inch pan lined with parchment paper. Press into the bottom only. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
Gluten Free Cheesecake Filling
- Place room temperature cream cheese, sugar, salt and gluten free flour blend in the bowl of a stand mixer. Blend until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time as the mixer continues mixing. Once the eggs are combined, stop the mixer, change the attachment to the beater, add the remaining ingredients (sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice ). Beat low and slow for a few minutes for the cake batter to get light and creamy.
- Pour the batter on top of the gluten free cookie crust and even it with your spatula. Place in a preheated 325 degree oven and bake 45-50 minutes, or until the center is fully set, but moves slightly.
- Allow to cool for about half an hour or more, and then use the parchment paper to pull the cheesecake out of the pan. Remove parchment paper carefully and place on your cake stand.
This recipe is the result of many failures. It is simple and should work every time. We studied cheesecake as though it was an artform, because it is. We are not the artisans we would love to one day be, but we truly enjoyed creating this recipe. This spurred us on to create a Chocolate Cheesecake with our Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
Divinely Gluten Free is MOVING! Oh My Goodness, whose idea was this? After months of a horrible kitchen remodel that was just not meant to be, We have decided to move our operations 50 miles north. Why? I am not totally sure, but the universe appears to be very much behind it, and when the universe speaks, I do kind of listen. Continue reading Divinely Gluten Free is MOVING!
Did someone say we needed a Gluten Free Tuna Melt? Sometimes I just need a quick simple meal for dinner. As most of you know, living gluten free is not a convenience. Everything gets harder once you go gluten free. So, as we prepare to move home & our corporate offices 50 miles north of where we are located right now, I need a little ease in my life. Continue reading Gluten Free Tuna Melt
Introducing our Gluten Free Asian Shirataki Stir Fry. As caterers, we sometimes get asked to do demo’s for health fairs or cooking demonstrations. We always accept these offers. Continue reading Vermeer Gluten Free Asian Shirataki Stir Fry
We lost our website about two weeks ago. It’s an insane story that should never have happened, but it has made us look at things and evaluate everything and so, it has become a brand new day here at Divinely Gluten Free. None of it has been particularly easy or comfortable, but most growth is not either of those things. Continue reading A Brand New Day at Divinely Gluten Free
Yes, I finally have a gluten free gravy recipe. It has taken over a year to understand how all these flours and starches work to make this happen, and even then, the ultimate recipe is because I made an oops one day. How much of my success do I owe to what appear to be oops in life? Continue reading Gluten Free Gravy Recipe
My daughter loves french toast. It used to be something I would take the time to make during their Christmas break from school. So, this year, it was suggested that maybe I could figure this out and we could have it for breakfast. So here is our Gluten Free Eggnog French Toast. Continue reading Gluten Free Eggnog French Toast