Anyone who has gone gluten free knows that we lose alot of convenience when we make that decision. Crescent Rolls were a convenience that I loved. Replacing them has been an important goal in our test kitchen. Here is our first try at a Gluten Free Crescent Roll Recipe – the reason we put this out is that it requires no rise time. We use this type of recipe when we want a quick and easy roll out crescent roll replacement. In time we will have a rise based crescent roll recipe.
We have been working on a basic gluten free flour blend that includes no rice, and we have a formula that we have been testing for a year. This is one of our recipes we have been working to perfect with our new baking mix. This is our first published recipe.
Gluten Free Crescent Roll Recipe
1 cup Divinely Gluten Free Flour Blend
1/2 stick of butter
6 oz cream cheese
1 tsp baking powder
1 TBSP sugar
1/2 tsp salt
- Put Butter and Cream Cheese into a bowl and allow to come to room temperature.
2. Mix dry ingredients together.
3. When Butter and Cream Cheese have come to room temperature, Cut butter into cream cheese until smooth and well incorporated.
4. Add dry ingredients in three batches to the butter/cream cheese mixture and incorporate one at a time. Once dry ingredients have been incorporated, put the dough into the refrigerator to get cold – approx 1 hour.
5. When dough is ready, simply put a little baking mix on a flat surface, turn out the dough, and you can then roll it out for cutting.
Note: this gluten free crescent roll recipe can be made ahead of time and then stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.