Anyone who has gone gluten free knows that we lose alot of convenience when we make that decision. Crescent Rolls were a convenience that I loved. Replacing them has been an important goal in our test kitchen. Here is our first try at a Gluten Free Crescent Roll Recipe – the reason we put this out is that it requires no rise time. We use this type of recipe when we want a quick and easy roll out crescent roll replacement. In time we will have a rise based crescent roll recipe.
We have been working on a basic gluten free flour blend that includes no rice, and we have a formula that we have been testing for a year. This is one of our recipes we have been working to perfect with our new baking mix. This is our first published recipe.
Gluten Free Crescent Roll Recipe
- 1 cup Divinely Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 6 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Put butter and cream cheese into a bowl and allow to come to room temperature.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- When butter and cream cheese have come to room temperature, cut butter into cream cheese until smooth and well incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients in three batches to the butter/cream cheese mixture and incorporate one at a time. Once dry ingredients have been incorporated, put the dough into the refrigerator to get cold – approx 1 hour.
- When dough is ready, simply put a little baking mix on a flat surface,
turn out the dough, and you can then roll it out for cutting.
Note: this gluten free crescent roll recipe can be made ahead of time and then stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.