We are quiche eaters, so any time we go through a dietary shift, we have to find a way to translate quiche. Our Gluten Free Mini Quiche Recipe is Dairy Free. Mini Quiche are quick and easy and full of protein. We offer them as hor d’oeuvres when we cater.
I love how easy it is to make our mini quiches. The biggest headache is cleaning the silicon molds we use, which is not really much of a headache. The molds were found on Amazon and were not expensive at all for 36 circle molds. They make it very easy to do a bunch at one time. These quiche are also very easy to make versatile with different ingredients. Easy to make vegetarian for when a customer chooses no meat.
A Quick & Easy Quiche Dinner
The best thing about our gluten free mini quiches is how easy it is to make for dinners. It’s one of those meals that can come together quickly often from odds and ends I have in the house. Because we run a bakery, we always have eggs. And, these mini quiches are crustless, so, totally Keto Based food. We love meals with no carbs, and this makes it very easy. We cut some vegetables, chop some vegan cheese, beat some eggs and then just put it together and bake it. YUM!
Protein, Protein, Everywhere
Losing Dairy to my diet made getting enough protein more difficult each day. I have always used eggs to boost my protein intake, but it has become more important lately as an inexpensive easy protein to have on hand each and every day. An quick and easy mini quiche dinner gets me to that just over 20 grams of protein for dinner that I need. Some nights we add meats, and some nights we just keep it simple with bright vegetables. Amazing either way.
We are using violife cheese in this recipe, but you can use any dairy free cheese you like. We do not like violife in our sandwiches, but it does melt well in recipes, so we use it for these specifically. It has a decent cheddar flavor which is important to pair well with the eggs.
I am including two recipes in one article today. This post has our gluten free mini Quiche Lorraine dairy free, and we are doing our basic pepper onion and sausage recipe. More than one type of mini quiche makes a great platter so that they look pretty together. We have done these for catering many times. They are easy to plate and serve and offer a little substance at a party.
Dairy Free Mini Sausage & Pepper Quiche
- 12 Lg eggs
- 1/4 cup dairy free soy milk
- 3.5 oz vegan cheese
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 1/2 diced onion
- 4 oz diced mild italian sausage
- dash Salt
- dash Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Dice Peppers, onion and sausage, place each into its own 4 ounce prep bowl
- Dice the vegan cheese
- Crack eggs into a 4 cup measuring cup. Add milk, salt and pepper and whip until well combined.
- Place 15 circulate silicon molds on a baking tray.
- Alternately layer the onion, peppers, sausage and cheese (do this twice to layer the veg, meat and cheese).
- Pour whipped eggs into the silicon molds over the layers you just made.
- Put the baking tray into the oven and bake for 30-33 minutes.
Dairy Free Mini Quiche Lorraine
- 12 Lg eggs
- 4 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1/2 med onion
- 3.5 oz violife cheddar cheese or any vegan cheese
- 3 oz crumbled bacon
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Prep the bacon - either weigh up 3 oz of precooked bacon crumbles, or cook and then crumble 4 or 5 slices of bacon.
- Dice 1/2 med onion
- slice and dice 5 slices of violife or other vegan cheese
- crack eggs into 4 cup measuring cup. Add 1/4 cup dairy free milk. Whip until well combined. Add salt & pepper and whip just a little more.
- Prep a baking tray with 15 circular silicon molds.
- Begin to layer the chopped ingredients into the molds, onion, then bacon, then cheese. then layer again, onion, bacon and cheese.
- Add the whipped egg to the mold.
- Bake in the middle of a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-33 minutes.
A History of Quiche
Martha Stewarts Favorite Quiche Recipes
Don’t live near us? You can buy our mixes online in our gluten free baking mix store