What we miss most living gluten free is bread, or rolls, or pizza. No matter what anyone says, I can taste the rice in bread a mile away. And as hard as everyone tries to make it better, it is hard to get rice to taste like bread. Udi does it best in my opinion, but even that falls short (no offense Udi’s I love you!). Our Gluten Free Cheesy Olive Bread uses our Gluten Free flour blend which has no rice, so they always start out tasting better.
We normally need a little something to go with our soups that are highly plant based. Although hearty and nutritious, you need a little something to dunk into our soups. We used a basic pizza crust and reconfigured it for our gluten free flour blend. What we have here is a quick and easy pizza bread recipe that does not take too long to make. I am embarrassed to say we ate the whole pan in one meal. We don’t eat bread often, and when we do take the time, it does fly pretty quickly off the table and into our bellies.
Gluten Free Cheesy Olive Rolls
Easy & Cheesy. Gluten free too. Our Gluten Free Cheesy Olive Rolls do not take that long and are a quick easy way to have a little bread with a meal.
Course: Side Dish
Keyword: comfort food
Pizza Crust Recipe
- 1 cup Warm Water 110 degrees
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil canola will work too
- 2 cups Divinely Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 tsp salt
Gluten Free Cheesy Olive Roll Ingredients
- 1 pizza crust mixed
- 1 cup olive tapenade or a truffle tartufata
- 1 cup shredded mexican mix cheese
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp melted butter
Mix the Pizza Crust
- Put warm water in a large bowl. Add sugar and yeast and stir to combine. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes so that the yeast activates properly.
- Add olive oil and stir. Add the flour and salt and combine until a ball begins to form. The dough will be slightly sticky.
- Flour your work surface and turn the ball of dough out onto the surface. Knead into a smooth dough. Roll out into a rectangle.
Prep for the Cheesy Bread
- Heat oven to 450 degrees and grease a 9 inch cake or pie pan.
- Spread your tapenade onto the prepared pizza crust. You want to go right to the edge of this with the tapenade. Sprinkle the Mexican Mix Cheese over the tapenade then do the same with the fresh rosemary.
- Starting at the long end of the rectangle, begin to roll up the dough with the toppings.
- Cut into 1 inch slices and place the slices in the greased pan with the cut side up.
- Brush the tops of the slices with the melted butter. We dropped some olive slices over the top and sprinkled with some garlic powder because we were inspired in the moment.
- Bake 10 15-20 minutes or until the rolls begin to brown slightly.